You've taken the first step toward your savings goals. Our flexible and affordable 529 college savings plan is designed to help families save for future college expenses and reduce dependence on student loans and other debt.
Since the UA College Savings Plan is a 529 plan, it's a tax-advantaged way to save for higher-education tuition and other education-related expenses. And, you can use your college savings at nearly any accredited educational institution in the country.
It's simple math: The UA College Savings Plan can make a real difference to your college savings. The Plan's tax-deferred savings potential creates an opportunity for long-term growth. Plus, the sooner you start saving, the more time your money has to grow, so you'll reduce your potential need for student loans or other debt, too.
With flexible contributions, the option to lock in future tuition value at the University of Alaska, and diverse investment options, it all adds up—the best time to start saving is now.
Let us help you develop a plan for college savings that's right for you. Our College Savings Team is available
The Many Advantages of the UA College Savings Plan
- Anyone can open or contribute to a 529 account—family members, including grandparents and other relatives, and friends.
- A low minimum investment—you can start with as little as $25/month.
- You or your child's PFD can be used to fund an account.
- Earnings are tax-deferred and distributions are federal tax-free.
- No annual account fee.
- ACT Portfolio carries a tuition value guarantee.
- Participants with an active account for two or more years may be eligible for resident tuition rates at the University of Alaska without regard to residency.
- A variety of low cost, no load and no commission investment options.
- Gift and Estate Tax benefits.
- Account holders choose how and when funds are used.
- Professional investment management by T. Rowe Price.
- Receive gifts with the GoTuitionSM gifting portal, a convenient way for friends and family to give online.